Search This Blog

Wednesday, June 1, 2011

Off to the Doc

I trust our pediatrician more than I trust almost anyone else.  She is calm and sure when she explains how well or how sick our child is.  She has never failed me when it came to parenting advice, how to get an active baby back to sleep at night or how to just let go a little when I'm stressing about an illness.

It is very hard to put your child into someone else's hands, especially when they are very young.  As they've gotten older, I've been able to let go a little; still remembering the day I sent them out into the yard to play while I stayed in the house, doors open so I could hear every whimper or cry.  As the years have gone on, I've come to trust our pediatrician more than I ever thought I'd trust anyone with my girls.  Her advice has never failed, her heart is sure and strong and she listens when we talk or answer a question.  Doctors like her are few and far between and I feel so grateful with each visit, knowing that as puberty approaches and boys come into the picture, temptation and peer pressure will be there, but so will our Dr. B.

No comments:

Post a Comment