Search This Blog

Monday, April 12, 2010

The Seed Catalog

The seed catalog has arrived and it is much bigger than I thought it would be.  It is going to take some serious reading to figure out where we are going with this.  I am also attempting to find straw bales as we are going to use those as the borders for the planting beds.  Found this tip on http://www.strawbalegardens.com/ and it makes sense.  You use the bales to hold the garden together, but the bales also compost themselves into the soil.

In the meantime, I found some pretty good prices on organic produce at the supermarket.  I don't really go there very often but it was on my route today and we needed some (rbst-free) milk so I wandered down the produce aisle and was pleasantly surprised.  Some of the organic stuff on special was less expensive than the pesticide-laden food.

While trying to plan our garden, I am in the midst of my daughter's dance competition season and trying to work out a daily, monthly, annual marketing plan for our store, Super Suppers South Bay.  There are a few other things going on with work that I may be able to write about later that are taking up quite a bit of my time, too.  But, I know that this garden will be great for me and my family and I am hoping we will have a bountiful harvest.

Food for thought...a garden is a great leap of faith and I am jumping in with both feet.

No comments:

Post a Comment